Welcome to the issuu Community Forums

Grace CGrace C Member Posts: 55
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
It's Opening Day! To celebrate the launch of the issuu Community Hub, we're hosting a number of giveaways with great prizes available.

Along with Premium plans, Amazon gift cards and a chance to gloat, we're giving away issuu swag like what you see below:

To enter our first giveaway for a prize of a Premium plan (1 year), a $15 Amazon gift card and an issuu swag bag, just leave a comment on this thread introducing yourself with the basics:

1. What's your name?

2. Where in the world are you located?

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about?

The giveaway starts April 19, and a winner will be chosen randomly and announced at 10am PST on Monday, April 24!

- Grace

Comments

• cyreneolsoncyreneolson Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name? Cyrene

2. Where in the world are you located? U.S. - Midwest

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Uncaged Book Reviews - author promotions and book reviews, focus on Indie and small publishers
    archiv001Grace C
  • penguinteenpenguinteen Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name?
    We are Penguin Young Readers!

We're located in NYC.

We use issuu to post excerpts from many of the hundreds of books we publish a year!
    Grace Carchiv001
  • archiv001archiv001 Member Posts: 1
    Hi – my name is Peter
    I am located in Vienna, Austria / Europe
    I am a graphic designer and artist, run a project called “The Eternal Archives“ and do publish catalogues on artists and on my project.
    Grace C
  • Grace CGrace C Member Posts: 55
    archiv001 said:

Hi – my name is Peter
    I am located in Vienna, Austria / Europe
    I am a graphic designer and artist, run a project called “The Eternal Archives“ and do publish catalogues on artists and on my project.

@archiv001 - This sounds super interesting! Welcome to the community, Peter!
    archiv001
  • ArtesanoscarclubArtesanoscarclub Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name? Ana María

2. Where in the world are you located? Costa Rica

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Artesanos Car Club Magazine. It´s about luxury cars and things.
    Grace Carchiv001nanaemissa
  • 1. What's your name? Scott Toncray

2. Where in the world are you located? Nashville, TN

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Lonely Planet Magazine (US) edition. We live and breathe travel. Original travel ideas, in-depth articles, food and drink, and natural wonders, plus tips from our worldwide network of travel experts
    Grace Carchiv001
  • DownInEdinMagazineDownInEdinMagazine Member Posts: 4
    1. What's your name? Caroline
    2. Where in the world are you located? Dunedin, South Island of New Zealand
    3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Down in Edin Magazine…

Down In Edin Magazine is a quarterly arts, culture, and lifestyle journal inspired by the brilliant people and wonderful places of Dunedin and Otago in the South Island of New Zealand.

Discovering the common and diverse threads in our humanity through the stories of our creative journeys, love of place, and lifestyle choices offering solutions to today’s issues that affect us wherever we are, Down In Edin is a visual feast, an oasis from fast bytes, fast food and fast living. Local stories for a global community.
    Grace Carchiv001
  • joannembonigabajoannembonigaba Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for creating this forum within issuu, I look forward to engaging!

1. What's your name? JoAnne Mbonigaba

2. Where in the world are you located? Gatineau, QC

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? I syndicate my blog post and training PDFs on issue, I also use it to embed those pdfs as a lovely readable section on my website.
    Grace Carchiv001

1. What's your name? Scott Toncray

2. Where in the world are you located? Nashville, TN

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Lonely Planet Magazine (US) edition. We live and breathe travel. Original travel ideas, in-depth articles, food and drink, and natural wonders, plus tips from our worldwide network of travel experts

@lonelyplanetmagazineus - I love your content, Scott! Thanks for joining the Community :smiley:
    lonelyplanetmagazineus

Thank you for creating this forum within issuu, I look forward to engaging!

Thank you for joining us, @joannembonigaba! Excited to see what topics of conversation people will dive into these next few weeks.
  • lifesource.ualifesource.ua Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name?
    Life Source UA

Kiev, Ukraine

We publish christian magazines and newspapers
    Grace C
  • RocketSTEMRocketSTEM Member Posts: 1
    My name is Chase Clark. I am the executive director of RocketSTEM Media Foundation.

I live in Pensacola, Florida (U.S.A.), the home of the Navy's Blue Angels.

RocketSTEM magazine is the first publication of our nonprofit. We've published 14 issues to date and make it freely available for all to read worldwide. Our nonprofit organization is devoted to inspiring the next generation of explorers. We utilize the wonders of space exploration and science to excite the minds of readers and hopefully encourage them to pursue STEM studies and become a new generation of scientists, astronauts, engineers, etc.
    Grace Cnanaemissa
  • MichaelMichael Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name? Michael Caskey, Creative Services Director

2. Where in the world are you located? Central California, USA

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Pollstar magazine is a weekly publication with 48 to 49 issues per year. Pollstar has been, for more than 35 years, the Concert Industry's leading business trade publication. Since 1994 Pollstar has also been a pioneer and leading music information source on the internet.
    Grace C
  • 1) New Beginnings Counseling Center

2) Santa Barbara, CA

3) Quarterly Newsletters to inform our donors and supporters about the achievements they've helped make possible in our homelessness, mental health, and veterans services programs.
    Grace C
  • 1. What's your name?
    Stephanie McKibben

So. Cal, USA

Troll River Publications displays book excerpts for readers to help decide if this is a story they'd like to purchase online.
    Grace C
  • NFCANFCA Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name? Dave Hines

2. Where in the world are you located? Louisville, Ky.

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Fastpitch Delivery. It's a softball newspaper for our member softball coaches.
    Grace C

My name is Chase Clark. I am the executive director of RocketSTEM Media Foundation.

I live in Pensacola, Florida (U.S.A.), the home of the Navy's Blue Angels.

RocketSTEM magazine is the first publication of our nonprofit. We've published 14 issues to date and make it freely available for all to read worldwide. Our nonprofit organization is devoted to inspiring the next generation of explorers. We utilize the wonders of space exploration and science to excite the minds of readers and hopefully encourage them to pursue STEM studies and become a new generation of scientists, astronauts, engineers, etc.

@RocketSTEM - This is a great mission, Chase! Thank you for using issuu to educate and encourage this next generation :smiley:
  • CHFVisionCHFVision Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, it is a pleasure to share talent from you all! Congratulations to Issuu for this initiative

1. What's your name? Christian Fernandez

2. Where in the world are you located? Spain and Mexico

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? VISION Espacio de Artes Visuales. A magazine on contemporary visual arts for the Spanish speaking community. We started working with Issuu 5 years ago!
    Grace C
  • jessilloydjessilloyd Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    1. What's your name? Jessi Lloyd

2. Where in the world are you located? Northeast England, UK

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? [camera emoji] is a zine I make to showcase my photography in themed issues. I use issuu to share it with friends and followers around the world.
    Grace C
  • athleisuremagathleisuremag Member Posts: 11
    1. What's your name? Kimmie Smith
    2. Where in the world are you located? NYC
    3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? I am the Co-Founder + Style Director of Athleisure Mag which is the first media house to identify and define athleisure culture as it pertains to the intersectionality of lifestyle verticals of fashion, fitness, style, music, wellness, beauty, travel, culinary, and entertainment. We are a monthly publication that launched our first issue in Jan 2016.
    Grace C
  • gamenitemagazinegamenitemagazine Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name? Serge Pierro

2. Where in the world are you located? Shelter Island, New York, USA

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? "Game Nite" magazine is devoted to reviews of tabletop board games and card games, interviews with the designers and artists and other content related to the hobby.
    Grace C
    CHFVision said:

Hi everyone, it is a pleasure to share talent from you all! Congratulations to Issuu for this initiative

1. What's your name? Christian Fernandez

2. Where in the world are you located? Spain and Mexico

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? VISION Espacio de Artes Visuales. A magazine on contemporary visual arts for the Spanish speaking community. We started working with Issuu 5 years ago!

@CHFVision - welcome to the Community, Christian! Thanks for sticking with issuu these 5 years :smiley:

1. What's your name? Jessi Lloyd

2. Where in the world are you located? Northeast England, UK

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? [camera emoji] is a zine I make to showcase my photography in themed issues. I use issuu to share it with friends and followers around the world.

This sounds like an amazing, personalized publication! Feel free to share any editions in our Inspiration & Shoutouts board for other people to see and get inspired by.

1. What's your name? Kimmie Smith
    2. Where in the world are you located? NYC
    3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? I am the Co-Founder + Style Director of Athleisure Mag which is the first media house to identify and define athleisure culture as it pertains to the intersectionality of lifestyle verticals of fashion, fitness, style, music, wellness, beauty, travel, culinary, and entertainment. We are a monthly publication that launched our first issue in Jan 2016.

@athleisuremag - I've seen your publication, Kimmie. Great work!
  • athleisuremagathleisuremag Member Posts: 11
    Thanks @Grace C!!!
  • mldcommmldcomm Member Posts: 1
    1. What's your name? Madelin Dargan

2. Where in the world are you located? Montclair, New Jersey

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? We post various publications including funeral programs, journals for churches and related documents.
    Grace C
  • carloszarzalejocarloszarzalejo Member Posts: 14
    1. What's your name? Carlos Zarzalejo

2. Where in the world are you located? Caracas, Venezuela.

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? "GHETTO". Is group of poems about the city.

https://issuu.com/carloszarzalejo/docs/ghetto
    archiv001Grace C
    edited April 2017
    1. What's your name? Carlos zarzalejo

2. Where in the world are you located? Caracas, Venezuela

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? "Zeta Kybalion". Is a group of poem about enlightenment.

https://issuu.com/carloszarzalejo/docs/zeta
    1. What's your name? Carlos zarzalejo

2. Where in the world are you located? Caracas, Venezuela

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? "La redención del fuego". Is a group of poem about a dream: the redemption of fire.

https://issuu.com/carloszarzalejo/docs/la_redenci__n_del_fuego
  • suburbansportssuburbansports Member Posts: 2

1. What's your name? Warren

2. Where in the world are you located? New York City Metro Area

3. What is the name of your publication and what is it about? Our magazine is MetroSports Magazine, publishing for just over 2 years now and covering a variety of NY metro area sports ranging from boxing, MMA, table tennis, roller derby, bull riding, rugby, gymnastics, auto racing, weightlifting, bodybuilding and, of course baseball, softball, soccer, football and basketball. We're at www.MetroSportsMag.com
    Grace C