It's here! Introducing issuu Digital Sales

Rachel TRachel T Administrator Posts: 23 mod
edited October 2017 in Official Announcements
Hi all,
The ability to sell digital magazines on issuu is now available to all issuu Premium + Optimum publishers!

Check it out here: https://issuu.com/sell-digital-magazines
There's more info on the blog, too: http://blog.issuu.com/post/166503723871/digital-sales-launch

We've worked closely with select publishers during our beta period, so thank you so much to all the folks that shared their feedback and worked with us.

Let us know what you think!
gostosasnovinhas

Comments

• We are loving it, thank you. Today we launched our pre-release subscription offer and we are delighted to be getting sales from this first, small group. However, we cannot see where to view who<b is purchasing the subscriptions and we feel this is important information. How are we going to assess which of our marketing tools is working best if we can't see who the subscribers are?
    You have been brilliant with all your helpdesk support to us so far and I am hoping we get a quick response on this one, too.

Thanks!
    worldwidecoachingmagazine
  • rtissuurtissuu Member Posts: 75 issuu staff
    edited October 2017
    @communityearlylearning That's great, congrats on the launch. Also, this is great feedback on how you would like to use subscriber info – I've shared with the product and marketing teams. I don't have a timeline for changes to the shared subscriber info yet, though. But this is very much under consideration!
  • I'm returning with a bigger concern about the lack of access to subscriber information: how can we reconcile our payments if we cannot see who has purchased the subscriptions? Your sales numbers on display might be wrong - how would we know? Viewing the Stripe payments isn't sufficient for auditing purposes.
    We would like this matter escalated immediately as it is clear now that it has financial and legal ramifications, not just marketing concerns.
    I would also appreciate someone responding to the emails I've been sending about this.
  • I'm returning with a bigger concern about the lack of access to subscriber information: how can we reconcile our payments if we cannot see who has purchased the subscriptions? Your sales numbers on display might be wrong - how would we know? Viewing the Stripe payments isn't sufficient for auditing purposes.
    We would like this matter escalated immediately as it is clear now that it has financial and legal ramifications, not just marketing concerns.
    I would also appreciate someone responding to the emails I've been sending about this.
  • digitaloceandigitalocean Member Posts: 1
    Great news. congrats on your digital launch. :)
  • SunCountryHomesSunCountryHomes Member Posts: 1
    I would like to offer my publication for free to subscribers, is this possible through the sales part of it.Can I put a value of 0 and still send to subscribers?
  • Great website! It's my glad to join this web. Thanks a lot!
  • Great work! It's working smoothly :) This is the reason I signed up at Issuu and left the App Store an Google Play.

The comments above about the availability of subscription data is always a problem due the privacy regulations. Neither the App Store nor Google Play for instance give the publishers this information for that same reason.

If you want to have information about your subscribers you have to ask them to contact you or, publish some kind of survey (either in your publication or through the social media channels) for them to fill out.
  • Hopefully it's for original work only because greed is ruining the internet